1. What are the dates/times (schedule) of your webinars and hotel courses?
There are only TWO hotel-based courses for 2018 - January and May 2018 (Ft. Lauderdale Marriott North Hotel).
2. Which months are the courses given as live hotel based courses?
3. Which months are courses given in webinar-only format?
The review courses are in live WEBINAR-only format in February, March, April, June, August, September, October, and November. There are no hotel-based courses during these months.
4. Are we allowed to view a webinar at a future time?
No, because we do not "tape" or record our webinars or hotel courses. You must attend a webinar class when it is scheduled because it can't be reviewed at another time.
5. When do we get the review course textbook?
For hotel based courses (January & May), the review course textbook is given on the FIRST DAY of the course after you sign in.
But for students of our webinar courses, we mail the book to you. The process is explained below:
The course textbook is mailed by FedEx Ground shipping to your residence within 3 to 7 days before the course starts. The review course textbook contains the notes on the slides. It is available only to students who are enrolled in either the webinar or hotel based courses. It is not for sale. If you decide to withdraw from a course after you have received the review course textbook, you will be charged the cost of the book plus a $30.00 processing fee.
6. Is the review course textbook the same as the best-selling review book published by Springer Publishing?
The review course textbook published by Springer Publishing is not the same as the Leik Review Courses textbook. The review course textbook is available only to her review course students. The Springer Publishing review book is for everyone who wants to buy it. It is sold in bookstores and online (the book is owned and published by Springer Pub., New York). The 3rd Edition of this book is also a requirement for students who are enrolled in a Leik Intensive Review Course.
7. What is the Review Course Guarantee?
After providing proof (hard copy of your official scores) that you failed the ANCC/AANPCB certification exam (FNP, AGNP or AGPCNP) after completing a Leik review course, you have up to 4 months (from the last day of the initial review course) to retake a WEBINAR course for free. We must receive your proof (mail copy of scores) to Maria Leik NP Review, 18010 NW 15th Ct., Pembroke Pines, FL, 33029) before you can enroll in a FREE webinar review course.
8. How do I know that I am registered for a course?
After you pay the fee at Paypal, you are registered for the course. Print or save the Paypal receipt as proof of payment. You will receive an emailed letter from us within a few days of payment.
9. What happens if I change my mind and withdraw from a review course?
If you do not give us timely notice (> 14 days before the course starts), we will charge a $30.00 processing fee. You will receive the refund within 7 to 10 business days after you withdraw from the course.
10. Can I get a discount if I have taken a Leik Intensive Review Course previously (>4 months after initial review course)?
We give a 50% discount if you have previously paid and completed a Leik review course, but missed the 4 month time limit. Other students retake the review as a "refresher" course.
11. Is there a difference in the course material and the slides between the hotel course and webinar course?
The lecture, course materials and the Powerpoint slides are the same. The only difference between the two are the venue and the schedule.
12. Do you award nursing contact hours?
Yes. We are a State Board of Nursing and CeBroker-approved provider for Florida, Georgia, Arkansas and North Carolina.
In general, a State Board of Nursing will accept another State-approved continuing nursing education provider's contact hours. The only exception to this is the State of Iowa. If you are licensed in IOWA, please call your State Board of Nursing.
The AANPCB accepts the contact hours that we award to students who have completed a review course to address their "area(s) of weakness".